Chairs: Kate Kardel & Shubha Aithal
The Science Adventure Zone is a PTA initiative that delivers coordinated science lab activities for all students in grades K-5, in support of the Fulton County Science Curriculum. Each grade will visit the Science two times and year. Below is a tentative schedule for the 2017-2018 school year and is subject to change.
The following labs are offered, based on the curriculum roll-out schedule provided by the CST and the Grade Level Chairs yearly.
- Kindergarten: Physical Properties; Plants
- 1st: Weather; Sound & Light
- 2nd: Pushes & Pulls; Causes of Change
- 3rd: Rocks & Minerals; Habitats (Owl Pellets)
- 4th: Ecosystems; Forces & Motion
- 5th: Chemical & Physical Changes; Electricity & Magnets